Today at church, we announced a refinement to our vision statement for the church. Not a new theme, but more of a focussed message to keep us moving forward with what God has called us to.
UNTIL EVERYONE KNOWS JESUS
Matt 28:19-20 Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. 20 Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
UNTIL … Matt 24:14 And the Good News about the Kingdom will be preached throughout the whole world so that all nations will hear it, and then the end will come.
EVERYONE … Rom 10:13 For “Everyone who calls on the name of the LORD will be saved.” … and God really does mean everyone!
KNOWS … Eph 3:19 and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God … a deep, intimate, experiential knowledge of God, his will, his heart, his ways! Psalm 27:4 The one thing I ask of the Lord— the thing I seek most—is to live in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, delighting in the Lord’s perfections and meditating in his Temple. Psalm 84:10 A single day in your courts is better than a thousand anywhere else! I would rather be a gatekeeper in the house of my God than live the good life in the homes of the wicked.
JESUS … He is GOD … and HE is CENTRAL to everything
- JESUS is GOD … Colossians 1:15-16 Christ is the visible image of the invisible God. He existed before anything was created and is supreme over all creation, 16 for through him God created everything in the heavenly realms and on earth. He made the things we can see and the things we can’t see – such as thrones, kingdoms, rulers, and authorities in the unseen world. Everything was created through him and for him.
- JESUS is the way, the truth, the life … John 14:6 Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.
- JESUS is love and the way to the Father … John 3:16 “For this is how God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.
- JESUS gives Rest … Matt 11:28 Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.
- JESUS is our healer … Matt 9:35 Jesus traveled through all the towns and villages of that area, teaching in the synagogues and announcing the Good News about the Kingdom. And he healed every kind of disease and illness.
I hope you join us on this mission … I hope you can make this a part of your own life’s mission … perhaps that way we speed the coming of Jesus!